Manage your Chronic Condition with The Care Coordination Program
Life is tough enough. When you’re living with a chronic condition – such as asthma, diabetes, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), or heart disease – feeling your best can be even more challenging.
That’s why the university offers the Care Coordination Program through Your Plan for Health (YP4H) to faculty, staff, and family members who are enrolled in a university medical plan. This service, provided by The Ohio State University Health Plan Inc., can help you better manage your condition to improve your health, make you feel better, and even save you money.
Care Coordination Program Benefits
- Assistance from a care coordinator with creating an action plan to improve your health and well-being, providing you with important information about your condition, and fully understanding your physician’s instructions.
- Access to other health care professionals, such as nurses, health coaches, nutritionists, exercise physiologists, health educators, and pharmacists, all working together as your personal care team to support your health goals.
- Savings with the university’s Value Based Prescription Drug Plan which provides you with reduced copays for certain medications that you take for one of the conditions managed through the Care Coordination Program.
- Assistance in learning how to take advantage of other YP4H programs, such as the Biometric Health Screening, the Personal Health Assessment (PHA), the Faculty & Staff Incentive Program, and the Spouse/Same-Sex Domestic Partner Incentive Program.
- Eligibility for faculty and staff to earn 10 points annually through the YP4H Faculty & Staff Incentive Program, which can get you $10 closer to the $125 maximum annual reward (visit YourPlanForHealth.com to learn more). Remember, you must complete the YP4H Personal Health Assessment (PHA) for Incentive Program eligibility.
Get Started Today!
To begin your Care Coordination experience, call the OSU Health Plan at 614-292-4700 – or toll-free at 1-800-678-6269 – Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.; choose option “0” for customer service.