Dealing with chronic illness?
Let us coordinate your care.
When you’re living with a chronic condition – such as asthma, diabetes, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), heart disease, or any other – day-to-day life can be challenging. Just managing your condition can feel like a full-time job.
That’s why the Ohio State University Health Plan offers the Care Coordination Program to members dealing with chronic illness. The program is free and provides you with a care coordinator that will help you:
- Create an action plan for improving your health and well-being
- Access other health care professionals, such as nurses, health coaches, nutritionists, exercise physiologists, health educators and pharmacists to act as your personal care team
- Save money with the university’s Value Based Prescription Drug Plan, which offers reduced copays for certain medications you take for one of the conditions managed through the Care Coordination Program
- Take advantage of other Your Plan For Health (YP4H) programs, such as Biometric Health Screenings, Personal Health Assessment (PHA), Faculty & Staff Incentive Program, and Spouse/Same-Sex Domestic Partner Incentive Program
- If you are experiencing frequent absenteeism due to a chronic medical condition, please feel free to also contact Integrated Disability at 614-292-3439 (800-678-6413) or search for your Disability Program Manager or FML Leave Administrator.